I like to run. I've learned that it really isn't about where you're going, it's about the getting there - the how, the why, the who with. This blog is just a little repository for my thoughts along the way; the setbacks, the lessons learned, and the occasional triumph.

Friday, March 6, 2009

Vote! It's, like, Patriotic!

We're up to 21 votes on the Poll! Have you seen it? It's a little further down the sidebar on ye old blog here. 21! Woohoo! I know more votes are coming, too, because there's a few more of you out there that check in from time to time who've never run a race as long as a 5K. I happen to know that the solitary "Less Than 5K" vote came from my girlfriend (just trust me, I know), so there should, at least, be more of those votes coming, right?

So far, the 50K voters are totally in the lead. I'm pleased that there are also a couple of votes for over 100 miles. Back in December I had to bump my own vote up from 50 Miles to 100K, after I finished my first at the Lookout Mountain 100K, in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Which reminds me: I'm curious to know what event you were at when you ran your longest race (or the first event where you ran the distance). So if you're inclined, post a comment below and tell me the race and where it was (even if it was just the 100 meter dash in your 9th grade P.E. class).

Do tell, do tell!

No comments: